Sunday, April 1, 2018

Character Development

Roz has a detailed questionnaire on her blog on how one can develop the character of their Fake Author.  My author was already forming in my mind for quite some time; but, I thought it would be of benefit to go through and fill out the questionnaire anyway.  I am glad I did because it gave me some things to think about, with regard to how my author views her world.



Here are a few things about my Author to put "her" work into context:

Her name is Sophie Corbeau (Raven, in French) and she is the 16 (almost 17) yr old daughter of Chloe and Victor Corbeau.  She is the niece of two of my previous fake authors, Marie and Lizzie, and of the deceased "Zoe", (who has been a prominent feature through both Marie an Lizzie's journals).

Her artwork was introduced in Marie's journal in 2010 and she was mentioned a few times by Marie in that journal.

Her family relocated from France to the midwest about two years ago, and Sophie is having a difficult time fitting in with her peers.   Although she is very lonely and aloof, the irony is that the other kids in her school secretly think she is cool and many would like to get to know her better.

Like her aunts, the tragic death of her beloved "Aunt Zoe" has left it's emotional scars and this can easily be seen in her artwork and her demeanor.  Frankly, she things about death just a little too much...

As an introvert, she is not very "chatty" in her journals.  She is fond of neo-surrealism (and Blythe dolls!) and she likes to put a quirky twist to her art.  While she does post her art on Instagram (@ravengirl92), her journal is intended for her own eyes ... yet she posts due to a desire to be accepted by other lonely souls in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment