Saturday, April 30, 2016

IFJM - April 6, 2016






My dearest Tom,

Tonight (so many years ago) you professed your great love for me while asking for my hand in marriage.  You promised to love and respect me forever, and I know you were sincere in that promise.

Some marriages seem to be an endless stream of better days, while others are never able to recover before the next destructive wave hits.  Instead of peacefully riding out the waves together, they struggle, fight and resist each other and the marriage often ends in ruins.

Life will always have its ups and downs -- its "for better" and "for  worse".  Good moments will fill us with such joy and we hope they will last a lifetime; but, when the dark times come, it will seem impossible to see the light that is hidden from us.

Please do not forget the way you love me tonight, and I beg of you to draw upon it in the future, when our world will be shattered and we will become strangers to one another.

With all the love in my heart,
Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment