Saturday, April 30, 2016

IFJM - April 2, 2016






Dear "Katie",

I was sitting behind you at the game tonight and I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed watching you at the game tonight.  My daughter would have been about your age and I couldn't help but think about what she would have done, had she been there.

Would she have taken as much delight as you did with that cotton candy -- getting the sticky floss all over her face and long golden hair?  And when the team scored a goal, would she have danced around with you to try and catch the confetti as it fell from the top of the stadium...two giggling, pink-clad fairies amid a sea of blue?

I never got to hold my little girl in my arms as she drifted off to sleep, but will always hold her memory in my heart and hope one day we will meet in Heaven.

Take care. little "Katie".  May you always find joy in the little pleasures of life and may you never stop dancing.

Lizzy Smit

No comments:

Post a Comment