Thursday, May 5, 2016

IFJM - April 13, 2016






Hello Bobby!

I found the pipe-cleaner clown you made for your 5th Birthday party.  It was buried in a box of childhood things (don't worry, it wasn't crushed too bad!).  I haven't seen you since we moved away that autumn, but I still fondly remember the sunny little boy with the chocolate brown eyes who was my best friend!  :-)

Where has life taken you -- what paths did you travel?  Did you become the astronaut you had dreamed you would be?  (I did become the doctor I thought I would!)

I am sad to tell you the little twin Zoë (the one you were most fond of) died about seven years ago in Paris.  She was training to be an artist and was living with Marie at the time.   You would have liked Zoë -- she had your sunny disposition and delightful imagination.

Oh, my dear friend, how I miss those simple days of childhood -- chasing fireflies at dusk, peanut butter and Kool-Aid lunches, riding bikes until the street lights came on ... our only care in the world was having to go inside and brush our teeth!

(Would we even recognize each other now if we passed on the street?)

Your old friend,
"Dizzy"!

p.s.  To this day, I cannot bear the taste of Flinstone Chewable Vitamins!  I am sorry I thought it would be a great idea to eat the entire bottle...

No comments:

Post a Comment