Saturday, May 7, 2016

IFJM - April 16, 2016






Dear  Cheryl,

Was reminded of you today when I was enjoying the beautiful Magnolia tree blossoms -- springtime always reminds me of you.  

Although our acquaintanceship was brief, its impact has had a profound effect on me.  Of all the ill and dying patients I have seen throughout the years, none have equaled you in cheerfulness, courage, and grace.

Despite all your pain and suffering, you never once complained and you always held your head high -- even when your life was visibly draining from your cancer-stricken body.  

I always wondered where your strength came from -- what was your source of peace, despite all the troubles that afflicted you?  I never was able to ask you this, as you quietly passed away before I had the chance.

Give me the strength I need to get through these troubled days and perhaps one day I, too, will be filled with that Peace.

Fondly,

Dr. Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment