Sunday, May 8, 2016

IFJM - April 20, 2016






Dear Mama Robin,

You're back!!  All winter long I wondered if I would see you again, after what happened last year.

The boys and I were so excited to learn of your nest outside the bedroom window.  Several times a day we would check on you and your young ones -- and we were delighted to watch your babies take their first flight out of the next that late May afternoon.  So you can imagine how happy we were to see you return last autumn for your second batch of hatchlings.  The last time we saw you, you went off to find food for your new babies -- then you never returned!

I worried all night about them (the storms were terrible) --  but still, you were nowhere to be seen.  I don't know what became of those babies -- and it broke my heart to think of it.  

But that is all in the past and I shall pray you have many health babies this year and that your period of mourning is behind you.


If I could make a single song
As lovely and as full of light,
As hushed and brief as a falling star
On a winter night.
-- Sarah Teasdale

Love Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment