Friday, May 6, 2016

IFJM - April 15, 2016



Dear Jane,

I write this letter in great haste, as I am afraid what I will find that has become of you as I continue to Chapter 35.  

Please pardon my bluntness when I beg of you to RUN, Jane, RUN!  Get as far away from St. John and Moore House as you can!  His heart is of ice and he is manipulating and twisting words to guilt you into betraying what your soul understands so clearly:  HE DOES NOT LOVE YOU!

Do not loose heart, dear Jane, as not all men are scoundrels and others of that ilk.  [I have it on good authority there is a gentleman who goes by the name of Mr. Knightely, who is both kind, gentle, and most highly respected by all those who meet and know him.  His residence is about a mile from Highbury -- which I should think is quite close to you!]

Stay true to yourself, Jane, and trust there is a man out there who will love you with a love you deserve.  Do not settle!  (Perhaps I should introduce you to my friend, Elizabeth Bennet?)

Regards,
Lizzy Smit

P.S. -- Stay away from Mr. Rochester and trouble your heart no longer about him.  He has no respect for you and will only keep you in chains.

No comments:

Post a Comment