Sunday, May 15, 2016

IFJM -- April 27, 2016


Jean,

It's been 7 years since I've seen you and your blue Peugeot -- an instant when the lives of strangers became forever intertwined.   I have relived that day so many times in my mind, always hoping the end would change.  Sadly, it never does.    I keep thinking that if only we had stayed for one more cup of tea or if I had turned left instead of right, they would still be alive.

Some days I think it should have been me who died instead of a beloved sister in the prime of her life -- my baby with her life yet un-lived.   I aim my anger at you, the wet pavement, the broken stop light, the setting sun, that silly blue car...

They say time heals all wounds (only time will tell if this is true); but, my wounds still seem fresh and I wonder how long it will be until I can smile without feeling the guilt of being alive?

Lizzy  







No comments:

Post a Comment