Monday, May 9, 2016

IFJM - April 21, 2016






Mr Moon:

If I could snatch a star from above,
and place it in my hair;
moon beams of light wrapped 'round my waist,
a sash that I would wear.

Black velvet sky with shadows blue
would fit to be my gown;
The brightest gem from the Milky Way
I'd set upon my crown.

I'd be a Queen, and you the King.
We'd rule the galaxy!
You'd be my Aldebaran, and
I'd be your Antares.

But looking down on the Earth so small,
your tears of flame would spark;
a shooting star (they'd see below)
to melt my icy heart.

Aquila would fly, Leo would roar;
A regal star Crusade. 
We'd join together, you and I,
to chase Orion away.

But you are there, and I am here;
miles between divide.
Light stretching forth from years ago,
To reach my heart that died.

-- Lizzy


No comments:

Post a Comment