Tuesday, May 3, 2016

IFJM - April 9, 2016


Dear Aunt Carm,

I was at the grocery store today and the checkout lady reminded me of you!

It has been many years since I heard your voice calling me (and everyone else!) "honey", but it is so clear in my memory.

I miss those safe and secure years from my childhood -- washing vegetables at the family farm, chasing the swans by your pond, lying on top of the old blue bus while eating green apples off the tree... You were always there for me to patch up my scraped knees and to give me advice when troubled times came.  How I could use your sage advice now.

You used to tell me life was too short to hold on to pain and bitterness.  I am trying hard to just let it all go, but I fail miserably in my endeavors.  Life seems painfully long from my point of view; but,  I know that in an instant a candle  (that once flamed so bright) can be extinguished.  I shall try to not loose hope.

With love,
Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment