Tuesday, May 10, 2016

IFJM - April 22, 2016




My dear sister,

I pray your birthday was full of happiness and sunshine.

I kept looking for a break in the clouds today  -- a beam of light from the heavens to let me know you were there; but, sadly, this did not happen.  My tears for you mingled with the rain.  

It is still difficult for me to smile: the weight of the past rests so heavily upon my shoulders.  Your face lies before me when I close my eyes to sleep -- the screams from that day still echo in my mind.  Five months you slept before your eternal rest.  Five months of praying, wishing, and hoping...
The scars I bear on my body do not compare to those on my heart.  my soul.  my life.

Is Martinella with you?  Oh, how I longed to have held her close to comfort her when her tiny heart ceased to beat.  I still have the Baptismal gown we bought that day -- spotless, despite the crash.  I keep it in the memory box you made me.  

When will this winter in my soul turn to spring?  I miss the joy and laughter that once resided there.  Some days I think I see a tiny shimmer of hope; but then it dissipates and I wonder if it was really there at all... 

Kiss my darling angel for me.

All my love,
Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment