Wednesday, May 11, 2016

IFJM - April 23, 2016




Nana --

I thought you would like to know we used your wedding china today for a visit with the Bishop.  I kept thinking of how proud you would be to see it set there looking so beautiful.  (I'll bet you never thought one day a servant of God would dine upon it!)

I remember when I inherited it, passed down as a belated wedding gift from the late you to the new me.  I don't recall you ever using it when I was a child (perhaps you reserved it for only special occasions?). You kept it tucked away, hidden in the buffet all those years -- it, collecting no memories, only dust. 

Now here it sits in my china hutch, rarely used as well.  I am beginning to think that every day is special in its own way and I wonder if I shouldn't use it to build some memories upon? 

Much love,
LizzyBeth

No comments:

Post a Comment